Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Start Collecting Cardstock

This is my first opportunity to cut an Artbooking overlay. In case you've been on an island vacation, Artbooking is the most amazing Cricut cartridge that Close To My Heart has come out with yet!! It's truly a whole new way to scrapbook. This page is done with ONLY paper. It was tempting to add a whole bunch of other embellishments, but look how wonderful it is just by cutting out a few different Artbooking items. AND it's NOT fussy, even though it looks that way.

Thank you to Atlantic Heart Sketches for giving me the design. AND thank you to Color My Heart for picking the "colors".  Hopefully gold glitter is a color because the challenge is to use Champagne and Cashmere with an added color. You have both made me very happy!!


The items are 1-overlay (the big conglomeration of circles ... I'm so happy to use the word conglomeration on my blog!!) 2-white scalloped piece (this is actually an album page for one of the mini albums you can make) 3-Glitter letters (this is what the new alpabet looks like) 4-circle with a star in the center (I cut several sizes and used them all to "decorate") THAT'S IT!! The only other ingredient is adhesive!


The latest CTMH Cricut alphabet .. pretty.
  I used the  glittered circles AND the inside stars. Not a bit of waste!

18 comments:

  1. Love that you did a layout. It is great, and it fits the sketch great. Thank you for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Good idea, starting hoarding, oh, I mean collecting cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Wonderful job combining this all together. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And chuckled at your comment on being on another island and not hearing about how amazing art booking is haha! Super fun page! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout! Great that you were able to use both the positive and negative for the stars. Thanks for playing with us at AHSC for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love how you use every bit of your scrap, I mean paper leftovers! ;) Fabulous job of getting in the glitter! Thanks so much for not only pointing out how amazing this new cartridge is with some simple sheets of cardstock, but also for linking up with us over at the Color Dare again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS...GOLD is totally a color and as far as I am concerned, GLITTER is too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous !! Great job on this layout, and I totally agree, Artbooking cart is AWESOME!! Thanks for playing along with AHSC !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet LO! Love the color choices too! Thanks for playing along with

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for this week's Color My Heart challenge! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just tried out this overlay for a recent CTMH new paper-pack blog hop. Love it! Your version with the Color Dare challenge colours + glitter is FAB-U-LOUS. Love how it lets your photos SHINE (even with all that glitter-lol).Thanks so much for sharing this lay-out with us this week at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh I can not wait to get my hands on Artbooking, I may have to lift this idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous Artbooking overlay! I love the addition of the glitter paper! It's the perfect embellishment. Thanks for playing at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. This layout is beautiful!The Artbooking overlay is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a FABulous page! So much sparkle and shine :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, we hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your layout is wonderful.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your layout! I just got my Artbooking cartridge. Thanks for the inspiration to go get it out of the package! Glad you played along with us at AHSC! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being chosen for top three over at Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge. Love this layout!!

    ReplyDelete